TRMS is the Total Report Management Component for Viewing, Archiving, Distributing and Printing of Reports and other production output in the IBM z/OS Enterprise Environment. TRMS provides an accurate and secure display, archival and distribution of your mainframe data in a timely manner ensuring real dollar savings in paper costs, printer overhead and by eliminating the need for physically distributing hard copy reports.
TRMS FEATURES & BENEFITS
- Self-Maintained and compressed database (VSAM Structure)
- Automatic archive/purge processing.
- Retains only one copy of each report in its database, regardless of the number of distribution or recipients
- Intelligent user-defined retention days or cycles.
- Multi-threaded processing for report accumulation, viewing, printing and archiving
- Multiple database support
- The Archive Browse feature reduce restore time and offer an instant mechanism to view historical data
- Pre- or Post- JES. Perform archival/purge processing while accumulating, bundling, viewing and printing reports.
- Middleware to access reports from distributed platforms
- Efficient algorithm to speed-up the accumulation and distribution process.
- Automatically archives reports.
- TRMS archive supports SMS, multi-level archival, tape stacking and interfaces with any tape management system.
- TRMS Archive Browse feature allows the user to easily view archived reports directly from tape, optical or DASD
- without the need to restore the report to the database.
TRMS's easy-to-define Break-on-Change or Standard Breaking Logic will automatically decollate and group reports for each individual user or department. Flexible "Trigger" definitions will schedule print distribution of the bundled output and route the output to any printer.
- User-defined rules to generate your reports on regular cycles.
- Report grouping and distribution is triggered automatically or manually
ONLINE VIEWING OPTIONS
- E-Mail notification and distribution
- Automatic decollation and bundling
- Detailed banner pages
- Bundle inventory report
- Reports grouped by department or location
- Support subject index based on either internal report data or metadata
Reports can be viewed via the standard mainframe interfaces with TSO/ISPF, VTAM and CICS or through the net/web option with most Internet browsers. The browse interface is feature-rich and simple to use. Using menus provided on the window, users may scroll directly to a desired page, change the number of pages displayed at a time, scroll forward and back or to load the entire report into the browser. Additional menus allow for switching between HTML and PDF view formats and zoom in or out of the page to fit the report as desired to the window.
Users have the ability to find any text string within the report. The Find menu supports Find, Find First, Find Last, Repeat Find, Find Next, Find Previous, Match Case and Match Whole Word. Users have the ability to download reports to their local workstation or server. Reports can be downloaded into Excel, Microsoft Word, Adobe PDF or in HTML and Text formats. When the user clicks on the Download Report Button they are presented with a window containing choices for the file format they require and the pages they want to download.
- TRMS online viewing capabilities go from the traditional z/OS green screen to the access from Web browsers and servers running IIS, Tomcat and others via TCP/IP. The three tier design enables a secure access to reports across the enterprise while lowering the cost of ownership.
- STICKY NOTES can be placed by the user on almost every panel or on any report in the trms database. Notes may be made public or private and can also be viewed by an access list.
- Flexible backup controls
- Archive Administration interface.
- Intuitive panels for Triggers, Reports, Report Distribution, Distribution Tracking and Archive History functions
- TRMS interfaces with all popular security systems including RACF, Top Secret and ACF2. TRMS also provides multiple levels of internal security for maximum report data protection.
- No hooks, SVC's or Operating System modifications are required. Utilities are included to assist in the installation.
- TRMS provides full printer function support, including AFP (IBM) and DJDE (XEROX).
TRMS works with the z/OS operating system using JES2 or JES3. It is a non-intrusive based system; it does not require hooks or system IPL. The product optimally uses system resources to improve I/O operations, memory and CPU consumption. TRMS requires a Started task to receive reports sent to designated Sysout classes.
NET/WEB database and functions as a communications server by communicating with TRMS/Web, running on the web server(s) running IIS, Tomcat and other web servers via TCP/IP
TRMS runs on all levels of z/OS, JES2 and JES3
TRMS REPORT MANAGEMENT SYSTEM
SEA - SOFTWARE ENGINEERING OF AMERICA
Established in 1982, Software Engineering of America (SEA) has built a worldwide reputation as a leading provider of IBM Mainframe and IBM i optimization, automation and security solutions with products licensed at thousands of enterprises worldwide, including 9 of the Fortune 10 and over 85% of the Fortune 500. SEA provides a full line of mainframe solutions covering all aspects of automation and optimization including Batch Performance & Optimization, JCL Management, Report & Output Management, RACF Security Management, Console Automation and a full line of IBM i Security and System Monitoring solutions.